[time-nuts] +12 Volts 1A (plus a bit) supply?

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 18:32:42 UTC 2013

You mean you have to many volts for a 12V regulator to drop>  That's easy
to fix, use a resister in series.  Make the resister par of an RC filter
and cleaner power in the process.

I use a plug-in power brink from an old notebook computer.  I think mine
outputs 15V and then this gets dropped to 12V and 5V with a RC filter and
regulators.

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 10:39 AM, Bob Stewart <bob at evoria.net> wrote:

> I'm using an HP 37203A case (half size) for my GPSDO project, but the
> output from the transformer is just too high to get +12V @ 1A to power the
> OCXO from a simple regulator.  So, what are people using for quick and
> dirty 12V 1+A power supplies?  I'm not in love with the idea of using a
> wall wart, but I could look the other way.  Does anyone know of a small,
> cheap, quiet switching module I could use for this?
>
> Bob - AE6RV

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California