[time-nuts] +12 Volts 1A (plus a bit) supply?

Don Latham djl at montana.com
Thu Jun 27 19:51:11 UTC 2013

Small switching boards from the Old Country available for under $5 free
shipping on epay. see, e.g. 380663903236 , 10 switching regulators for
$13.00 free shipping. I have a bunch of these, use 'em all the time.
Don

Bob Stewart
> The transformer gives me about 20 volts DC out.  Dropping 8 volts at 1
> amp is just a lot of power to void with a resistor.  I'd like to avoid
> having that much waste heat in the unit.  I do have an old power brick,
> but I was hoping there was some small switching board that people had
> had good luck with.  Maybe the brick is the best option.
>
> Bob
>

>>________________________________

"Neither the voice of authority nor the weight of reason and argument
are as significant as experiment, for thence comes quiet to the mind."
De Erroribus Medicorum, R. Bacon, 13th century.
"If you don't know what it is, don't poke it."
Ghost in the Shell

Dr. Don Latham AJ7LL
Six Mile Systems LLP
17850 Six Mile Road