[time-nuts] looking for low-power system for gps ntp timekeeping

Paul tic-toc at bodosom.net
Fri Jun 28 20:05:24 UTC 2013

>David J Taylor
>Fri Jun 28 12:56:57 EDT 2013

>I would have got one of those, except that it (as I understand it) doesn't
>support any of the NTP management functions such as ntpq -p or ntpq -c rv

I was being a bit lazy.  It doesn't run NTP.  It emits NTP compatible
timestamps in response to queries.  No NTP means no NTP management
functions.  Using one as your only clock is unwise but that's true of
any clock.  As part of a group you monitor it indirectly via peerstats
or ntpq/dc from a peer.

I believe Michael will be adding support for multiple gps messages (it
currently only supports a single output message e.g. zda) which would
all be cloned to the monitor port so you could directly observe the
state of the receiver.

As I tend my flock of clocks the current lack of ntp management
support on one is the least of my worries.