[time-nuts] Regulator Choices

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sat Jun 29 07:18:30 UTC 2013

mc235960 at gmail.com said:
>> If one needs greater than 5 amps, the LM 1084 data
>> sheet shows how to easily parallel 2 or 3.

>  I suppose that the same philosophy would apply to getting more power with a
> 7805 farm.

It may be a bit more complicated than that.  You need some way to share the
load and you also need to make sure things are stable.

The TI/National data sheet doesn't show anything about paralleling
regulators.  The AD data sheet shows 2 ft of #18 wire between each regulator
and the load.

I'm not enough of an analog guru to reverse engineer that setup and figure
out the stability constraints and transfer them to 78xx type devices.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.