[time-nuts] GPS receivers W/timing outputs greater than 1PPS

Mike M timenuts at binsamp.e4ward.com
Sat Jun 29 07:24:54 UTC 2013

 Chris Albertson wrote on Wed Jun 26 22:20:15 EDT 2013

  > One thing about that photo of test equipment in a lab.  That EXACT
  > same photo is used by dozens of eBay sellers. All of them claim to
  > own this  exact same set of test equipment. I  don't  believe even
  > one of  them,  not until I see a photo of the stuff  in  use  on a
  > bench testing  the  gear  that is being offered  for  sale  with a
  > seller's smiling face looking at the camera. Otherwise it  is just
  > a stock  photo that could have been shot in an office  building in
  > Texas 10 years ago. If it were my stuff you'd see me in the photo.

  > Then you look on Facebook and see I'm the same guy.

  > About your being "out" some money. Did you ask talk to either eBay
  > or PayPal  about  it.  Most   items  are  covered  by  their buyer
  > protection policy. You can make a claim for "not as described" and
  > they will impound the funds pending resolution.

  Chris,

  I have never seen that photo on any other ebay site.

  If you  hurry, you can see videos of fluke.l testing  a  FE-5680A he
  has on bid. It is the last one he has, so the videos  will disappear
  in a week. Please see

  http://www.ebay.com/itm/290936774624

  It is  pretty  hard to take videos of running equipment  in  a stock
  photo. Especially of the FE-5680A that he has up for bid.

  I have purchased considerable amount of time-nuts  related equipment
  from Bob  MO  (fluke.l).  His equipment  is  always  of  the highest
  quality and works perfectly.

  Tool_nerd is  the opposite. They sent me junk and I  lost everything
  when I tried to return it.

  Paypal Buyer Protection is a scam.

  Paypal requires  you to return the unit and pay  for  shipping. They
  also require  a tracking number for proof of delivery.  From Canada,
  this can be a significant portion of the value of the item.

  Tool-Nerd conned  me into sending the unit back  without  a tracking
  number. This cost only $20. He received the item, but told Paypal he
  never received  it. So I was out the $89 for the FE-5680A,  plus the
  $20 postage.

  I went  to  my bank, thinking since I used my  credit  card  for the
  purchase, they would honor the claim and refund my money.

  They simply  turned  the matter over to Paypal, who said  I  did not
  provide proof  of delivery and denied the claim. I  lost  the entire
  amount.

  Mike M