[time-nuts] webcam app to watch for and time stamp changes

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 2 19:33:02 UTC 2013

I am interested in the timing behavior of my RSA fob, which changes
every 60 seconds.  Since I'm not about to open it up and probe inside, I
was wondering if someone had a clever way, say using a USB web cam, to
log the changes over a 48 hour period.  You'd point the web cam at the
fob, and it would log the time when the display changes
Or one might even be able to look at the blinking 1 pps indicator using
a light and photocell or something..