[time-nuts] Looking for TimePod 5330A for purchase or rental

Stephan Schiller step.schiller at hhu.de
Sun Mar 3 09:57:55 UTC 2013

Hello all,

I'd like to purchase or rent a milesdesign TimePod 5330A Programmable Cross
Spectrum Analyzer.

Rental would be for a duration of a few to several months (can be agreed on), in
this year. Careful treatment of the device will be assured.

My application is the measurement of phase noise of ultrapure microwave signals
generated by a femtosecond laser. This state-of-the-art approach produces
ultra-low noise microwaves. The goal specifications are -70 dBc/Hz at 0.1 Hz and
-90 dBc/Hz at 1 Hz, -110 dBc/Hz at a frequency of 9 GHz.

The Symmetricom version of the TimePod does not have the capability of
measurement at 0.1 Hz offset frequency, therefore I am looking for the original
device.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Stephan Schiller
Universität Düsseldorf (Germany)