[time-nuts] Typical HP 5370B resolution ?

Mark Spencer mspencer12345 at yahoo.ca
Mon Mar 4 17:31:49 UTC 2013

Thanks.   With suitable 5 and 10 Mhz Sine wave input signals typically the adev plots will start out at approx 4E-11 @ 1 second (when making one measurement each second) which I believe implies a practical resolution of approx 40ps.   Noise floor tests using more or less using identical signals fed into the start and stop inputs will typically be 10 ps lower.

At this point I believe I'm going to leave well enough alone on my better HP5370B's and not attempt to re align them.  I'll likely spend some more time quantifying what suitable input signals are for my HP5370B's.

Regards
Mark Spencer