[time-nuts] webcam app to watch for and time stamp changes

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 5 14:10:22 UTC 2013

On 3/4/13 6:52 PM, Bill Hawkins wrote:
> Wouldn't it be easier to glue a fruit fly to the head of a pin and
> attach electrodes to its visual ganglia to detect the change in
> intensity of a segment of the display?
>
> Excuse me, just back from surgery and the anesthetic may have
> lingering effects. Discussions like this help to pass the time.

I think you'd have to separately calibrate the fruit fly's optic nerve
to remove the effect.  A quick google doesn't seem to find any published
information on the Allan deviation of the propagation through the system.

Do so and publishing the result would certainly confirm some folks
opinion about the "nut" part of time-nuts.

(I did find data on nerve propagation in general )