[time-nuts] Lady Heather numbers

Achim Vollhardt avollhar at physik.uzh.ch
Fri Mar 8 16:05:38 UTC 2013

Hi Peter,

first of all, LH can only 'control' temperature, if it has a hand to do
so.. meaning it can steer the RTS line of the RS232 to control a small
fan via PWM. Actually, it could also heat (by putting there a heating
element) but I haven't seen anybody doing it yet. If there is no heater,
heating is done by letting Thunderbolt warm up on its own.

So if the measured temperature is above the setpoint, the fan will be
switched on, otherwise not. Of course the controller is a much more
sophisticated PID controller and the output is PWM so it can actually
regulate the fan speed such, that a nice stable temperature can be
achieved. I think you have to search this mailing list for all these
infos, is has been discussed quite some times.

Keystrokes: These have to be found when checking the .cpp files in the
leady heather package. Sorry, it has been a while for me .. I'll leave
that up to you.

Achim