[time-nuts] frequency reference for portable operation

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sun Mar 10 15:17:49 UTC 2013

Hi

Remember - OCXO's are going to be acceleration sensitive. As you bump about on back roads, the oscillator is likely moving around by a few ppb. If you are after a hertz at 10 GHz, that's a lot.

Your GPS will be off by a fairly predictable amount based on it's idea of it's location. If you have a 3M position accuracy, then you will likely have 10 ns of time error. With a 10 second loop, you are right back to a ppb.

A good Rb should be able to hit a sub ppb accuracy at 10 minutes.

No perfect answer.

Bob