[time-nuts] frequency reference for portable operation

gary lists at lazygranch.com
Mon Mar 11 23:54:10 UTC 2013

http://www.evrytania.com/lte-tools/lte-cell-scanner
claims the LTE reference is good to 0.05PPM.

I can verify that 739MHz and 751MHZ are the only LTE frequencies I found
in use in the 700MHz band in the San Francisco Bay Area.

If you want to use the software, I suggest trying 739MHz and 751MHZ
first. Get the calibration factor, then start the search with a reduced
"p" parameter. The initial search assumes a ppm error in the SDR of
120PPM. However, once you get the calibration factor, you can used the
reduced PPM parameter which substantially improves the search speed.

I haven't found a program to actually use the LTE frequency reference
for say NTP. Maybe satcom Dave has time on his hands. ;-)