[time-nuts] Is possible precise 1pps?

Azelio Boriani azelio.boriani at screen.it
Wed Mar 13 17:15:33 UTC 2013

Hutta,
to sum up for you: as you have read, position hold doesn't mean precise
PPS, only the ability to determine the PPS (the time) with less than 4
satellites, downto only one. Timing grade receivers have better internal
oscillators and give better PPS always, either in position hold or not.
Best to use a timing grade receiver but to move the first step towards the
OCXO disciplining, a navigation receiver will do. Then you will start to
appreciate things that will lead you to a timing receiver with the sawtooth
correction. I say this because I have travelled this way over the years.