[time-nuts] Datum/Symmetricom X72 Rubidium

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sat Mar 16 15:49:07 UTC 2013

On 03/16/2013 04:41 PM, Bob Camp wrote:
> Hi
>
> The upgrade price sounds more like "we swap out the guts" than a firmware squirt. Does anybody know if the hardware in the new(er) versions is the same as the old(er) parts?

Rather, we don't want to bother with it, so we price it out of the
market such that we can sell the new gear instead. This might not be the
most customer friendly approach, but a business strategy that can be
selected. Part of it will certainly be standard overhead anyway. It
would be nice if they had a curtesy-price thought, and see it as a for
of PR thing to keep customers happy.

Cheers,
Magnus