[time-nuts] GPS Antenna Install

Peter Gottlieb nerd at verizon.net
Sat Mar 16 19:10:07 UTC 2013

With lightning it is the very high current and the fast rise time that gets you.

So yes, a tenth of an ohm can develop 1 kV across it with a big direct hit.

Having the best surge strip made won't help you if its cord and the output cords
are all in a single heap together as they will nicely couple to each other,
bypassing the protection.