[time-nuts] TIE measurement for arbitrary frequency oscillator

John Doering johndoering57 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 04:10:37 UTC 2013

Hi all!

First time poster here, but I've been lurking for a couple months and found
this place to be highly informative.

I want to measure TIE for a 7.362 MHz oscillator. Ultimately, I want to
process into TDEV and MTIE.

1) Is it acceptable to use the DMTD method and set a signal generator
(driven by rubidium) as the reference frequency to a value equal to the
oscillator's?

2) If not, can you point me to a more proper way of doing this type of
measurement for arbitrary frequencies that are not easily divisible into 10
MHz?

Thank you!