[time-nuts] TIE measurement for arbitrary frequency oscillator

Said Jackson saidjack at aol.com
Tue Mar 19 04:25:00 UTC 2013

John,

Besides buying an expensive source analyzer that will cost $10K or more, a high quality frequency counter should do the job.

You could also use a cheap pld or PicTic to generate a 1PPS from your oscillator then use the counter to compare the 1pps to your reference 1pps for phase drift to calculate mtie.

Then use Ulrich Bangerts free Plotter utility to do the analysis.

Bye
Said

Sent From iPhone