[time-nuts] Brooks Shera

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Sat Mar 23 19:48:52 UTC 2013

Brooks Shera passed away last Saturday. There will be an  obituary published
tomorrow in the Santa Fe New Mexican. It should also be  available online.
As I have mentioned in the past I credit him with making  available to time
nuts, radio amateurs and other hobbyists  a method to  obtain precise
frequency at an affordable price before commercial GPSDO's  flooded the market.
At the time I personally had ten cesium's thanks to the  bankruptcy of
Offshore Navigation I started building disciplined Rb's with the  help of Brooks.
Eight and counting.
If there was a Hall of Fame for time nuts he would be # 1  on my list
Bert Kehren