[time-nuts] Brooks Shera

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Mon Mar 25 12:44:26 UTC 2013

On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 07:53:40 -0400 (EDT)
EWKehren at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 3/25/2013 7:09:41 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz writes:
>
> > The lack  of synchronisers when crossing clock domains is a design flaw
> > that should  be corrected.
>
> Bruce, would you mind being more specific and offer a solution.
> Thanks   Bert Kehren

Sorted by increasing amount of detail:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clock_domain_crossing
http://www.eetimes.com/design/eda-design/4018520/Understanding-Clock-Domain-Crossing-Issues
http://www.sunburst-design.com/papers/CummingsSNUG2008Boston_CDC.pdf

I think with these it becomes obvious where the problem lies and what
the solution is.

			Attila Kinali

		-- Tirin, The Dispossessed, U. Le Guin