[time-nuts] Win XP and NIST time

lists at lazygranch.com lists at lazygranch.com
Wed Mar 27 16:08:50 UTC 2013

SDR isn't as taxing as you think. I'm running 4 of those rtlsdr type dongles on an A8-cortex. Granted under linux, but this is a single core Arm.

The "multimedia" versions of linux don't get much press these days since the kernel itself now is rather low latency. But if you google "linux musicians" or "windows musicians", there are tips for latency reduction.

One of the nicest things you can do to a computer is turn off the stupid file indexing. On windows, the program "everything" is faster than windows file search ever was, and doesn't need the index.