[time-nuts] Photodiodes for high frequency OPLL

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sat Mar 30 20:03:30 UTC 2013

On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 12:45:52 -0700 (PDT)
Robert LaJeunesse <rlajeunesse at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Maybe I'm jaded a bit, but in this town the sub-10GHz optical stuff is
> considered kinda slow. The guys down the street, Picometrix, have been doing
> 40+GHz optical receivers for over 15 years. They claim "1.5G to 100G and from
> 400nm to 1650nm" so probably they can help. http://www.picometrix.com/

I stumbled over picometrix, but did not get much from their webside,
beside that they are claiming to acheive GHz frequencies with PIN photodiodes.
But nothing specific. I will contact them and see what they say.

>  As
> background info they are a spinoff of the University of Michigan Center for
> Ultrafast Optical Science. http://www.engin.umich.edu/research/cuos/

Interesting. Thanks!

			Attila Kinali

--
The people on 4chan are like brilliant psychologists
who also happen to be insane and gross.