[time-nuts] WWVB D-PSK document

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sun Mar 31 23:05:27 UTC 2013

Hi

If the VCXO's tuning voltage runs from zero to 5 volts, and the VCXO tunes 0.1 Hz / 0.5 volts at 12 MHz, then it has a total range of about 1 Hz at 12 MHz. That's about 0.08 ppm of tune range. A generic crystal likely has a tempo of 0.1 to 1 ppm / C. My guess is that you will need a bit more tuning range on the VCXO to keep things locked long term. Putting your tuning cap in series with the varicap should help this a bit. You may also need to add a coil in series with the crystal.

Bob