[time-nuts] Extended length Phase Noise Measurements with TimeLab

Tom Knox actast at hotmail.com
Fri May 3 18:21:49 UTC 2013

Recently I was looking at a co-workers Lab View measurements taken with a 5120A. She is studying vibration on Phase Noise. I asked how Lab View compared to TimeLab and she said in many ways she prefers TimeLab but ran into a problem. The research she is currently conducting requires collecting data in extremely long measurement periods beyond the TimeLab limits. Is she missing something? If not is measurement length an easy fix? One other problem during her project was related to the 5120A, occasionally the vibration must hit a resonance and the 5120A stops measurement saying measurement  parameters were exceeded. It would be nice to be able to adjust or disable that feature. Thanks in advance for your ideas.

Thomas Knox