[time-nuts] Extended length Phase Noise Measurements with TimeLab

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Fri May 3 20:45:46 UTC 2013

Hi

There are some warning messages in TimeLab about "runs with more than xx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx samples in them may harm poor fuzzy animals". I've routinely exceeded them with no obvious damage to the local environment. I may not have the wording of the error message quite right….

If the resonance on the vibration table is enough to push the frequency beyond a certain point, all of these boxes get a bit bothered. The 5120 is by no means unique in that regard. The trip points vary from model to model. The ones I seem to remember were in the 10's of ppm.

Bob