[time-nuts] vs Hg ion? Re: GPS clock stabilitiy, Rb vs Cs

Tom Knox actast at hotmail.com
Sun May 5 21:33:25 UTC 2013

The idea of a Mercury Ion clocks started about 2000 and from about 2005 until recently has held the title of worlds most accurate clock.
Approx 1 sec per 1.6 billion years the last I heard. At the heart is a single trapped mercury atom. Jim Bergquist at NIST was one of those that lead the development.
This link has the basics: http://tf.nist.gov/general/pdf/1957.pdf.   I want two.

Thomas Knox

1-303-554-0307