[time-nuts] GPS position survey

Miguel Barbosa Gonçalves m at mbg.pt
Sun May 5 23:13:09 UTC 2013

On 5 May 2013 12:28, Sarah White <kuzetsa at gmail.com> wrote:

> I myself did a sampling over a period of 1 million samples
> (actually, it was a value of 2^20, not exactly 1 "million")
> quickest it could have completed such a survey is 12+ days
>
> ... However, I had "masks" set for elevation, signal, etc.
> (resulted in occasional periods when there was no "lock")

Thank you Sarah for your input!

I might do that. For what I've read regarding timing applications the
receiver should pick only satellites with high elevation but for
position surveying a good geometry is better.

Could you give your input regarding elevation masks and other
parameters to do a good survey?

Regards,
Miguel