[time-nuts] OCXO Adjustment Question

Charles P. Steinmetz charles_steinmetz at lavabit.com
Wed May 8 09:32:57 UTC 2013

One further thought:  You say it drifts several Hz -- that seems like
quite a lot, if you are making small adjustments.  I'd expect perhaps
several tens of mHz at most, although if it was way off when you
started, Hz might be possible at the first iteration.  I suspect you
have a mechanical hysteresis and/or dirty contact problem on the
adjustment cap or pot that you need to sort out.  If you can post
details about the oscillator, someone here may have experience with
that particular part and be able give you specific advice.  (You are
positive it is an OCXO, not a TCXO?)

Best regards,

Charles