[time-nuts] OCXO Adjustment Question

Alan Melia alan.melia at btinternet.com
Wed May 8 11:46:34 UTC 2013

I use this method too, but I also find it little use trying to get the
internal reference down to the last squeak in 10^11 on this kind of kit. It
will not hold the setting for vey long and it takes ages to get the
adjustment spot on. I get as close as I can easily.....then allow the
unknown to stabilise and do an estimate of the error and stick a label with
thay value on the front until the next check is required  eg "2 in 10^9 high
6thApr13" ......would not suit an avid "time-nut" but then the equipment is
often barely "time-nut quality" :-))

Alan G3NYK

.