[time-nuts] OCXO Adjustment Question -- Oven Cycling

Frederick Bray fwbray at mminternet.com
Wed May 8 17:59:53 UTC 2013

One of the things I hadn't adequately considered was how quickly / much
the oven cycling affects things.  I wasn't really thinking about this
when tweaking the adjustment so I wasn't doing them at a consistent
point in the cycle.

Now, it looks like it may be cycling from a low of 10.000001 to a high
of 10.000017.  I have watched this pattern repeat a number of times now.

I guess my goal for this device should be to get it to the point that it
cycles from about 9.999992 to about 10.000008, thus putting the center
point around 10 MHz.