[time-nuts] Another David Partridge frequency divider question

Chris Wilson chris at chriswilson.tv
Thu May 9 11:38:06 UTC 2013

  09/05/2013 12:34

I have been using one of David's frequency divider boards with my
Thunderbolt, for some time. t It divides from the 10 MHz input. There
are separate outputs for 10 MHz, 5 MHz, 1 MHz, and one that can be
configured for 100 kHz / 10 kHz / 1 kHz / 100 Hz / 10 Hz / 1 Hz. Is
there any reason why the square wave output from the board should not
be used as an external frequency reference for things like my
frequency counter, sig gen and spectrum analyser, instead of a sine
wave? My Racal counter, for example, uses a 1MHz reference, so I use
the DP board to feed it. It appears to be fine, but I have been meaning
to check. Thanks.

--
       Best Regards,
                   Chris Wilson.