[time-nuts] TimeLab PM6690 CNT9X?

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Fri May 10 23:32:34 UTC 2013

On 05/10/2013 10:16 PM, Magnus Danielson wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> On 05/10/2013 08:02 PM, Tom Knox wrote:
>> Has anyone used Time Lab with The current Fluke PM6690, Spectracom
>> CNT90/91?
>> Thanks;
>
> CNT90 (aka PM6690) did not use to work with TimeLab, as CNT90 does not
> to talk-only, which is the normal requirement for TimeLab generic
> counter support.
>
> I don't remember if I managed to get it operating or not, but I could
> take it for a test-spin if you like. The CNT-80 driver should work
> thought, as it builds on the SCPI commandset.

OK. At least the version of TimeLab that I had on the first laptop I
grabbed where unable to get useful data from the CNT-90.

When running in "Native" mode, all I get out of it is the identity
string. Measurement chokes on the identity string.

When running in "Compatible" mode, I did get the HP53131A driver get the
identity string and then bogus values, but getting measurement chokes on
the identity string and then dieas.

If someone could put a CNT-90 in John hands, I'm sure that he can make
it talk sense based on the CNT-80 driver. The manuals (including
Programmers manual) is available from Flukes online.

CNT-90 does not have talk-only mode. It's a design choice I know they made.

Cheers,
Magnus