[time-nuts] A Time-Nut's Worst Nightmare

Kenton A. Hoover kenton at nemersonhoover.org
Sun May 12 02:18:05 UTC 2013

I'm creating a controller to allow synchronization of Standard Time Company and IBM/Simplex slave clocks, which can be generally found for $25-60 at flea markets. They're usually surplus from schools or industrial applications and not that difficult to find. For right now I'm just trying to get the device to deal with ST-DST transitions correctly (as well as slamming it to current time the first time a clock is connected)  using the mechanical gearing  but there is no reason the 60 Hz can't be created from a 1 PPS standard once I get the rest done.

There is a commercial impulser that can be found for about $100 but I don't see a way to easily adopt it.

--
Kenton A. Hoover
kenton at nemersonhoover.org
+1.415.830.5843