[time-nuts] OXCO Issues -- Latest

J. L. Trantham jltran at att.net
Sun May 12 11:55:19 UTC 2013

Fred,

Thanks for the info.  I suspect the piston capacitor is on the oscillator
board, along with the crystal.  I suspect the trim pot is on the oven
assembly.  At least that was the way it was on the OSC 49-38C I opened.  I
did not have the courage to separate the oven control board from the oven
assembly either.  You would need to disconnect two heating coils along with
a TO220 type transistor from the board and assembly.  I suspect the trim pot
adjusts the temperature to be able to find the lowest temp-co point of the
crystal but I do not know.

I would love to hear more about that circuit if anyone has ever 'autopsied'
one.

Joe