[time-nuts] time transfer over USB

Herbert Poetzl herbert at 13thfloor.at
Tue May 14 22:27:54 UTC 2013

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 03:11:58PM -0700, Hal Murray wrote:

> jimlux at earthlink.net said:
>> Bulk transfer might work well on a system where nothing else
>> is going on, so "best effort" translates to "now".

> Does it mean "now" or "next polling cycle"?

It's always 'next polling cycle' because all USB
transfers are initiated by the host, and the client
'just' replies with e.g. data.

Personally I do not see how Bulk Transfers would
be better than Interrupt or Isochronous Transfers
because they will have a lower priority an the
same minimum interval, so no advantage over the
other transfer modes.

best,
Herbert