[time-nuts] Trimble Thunderbolt, any easy way to create 500 MHz reference from one?

Robert LaJeunesse rlajeunesse at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 15 14:17:27 UTC 2013

If easy means a temporary lashup, takes but one piece of gear. The Ballantine
6130A time mark generator takes in 10 MHz, produces from it a synchronous 1Hz to
500MHz selectable in 1-2-5 steps. I've not tested mine for phase noise, probably
not the best performer... but for $35 not a big concern, given my needs.
Shameless plug: I'll have another one for sale at the Dayton Hamvention, flea
market space 1901. There will be other Time Nuts in residence at 1901 as well.

Bob LaJeunesse