[time-nuts] NTP, PPS and < 10 us offsets

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Thu May 16 03:14:51 UTC 2013

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 12:43 PM, Miguel Barbosa Gonçalves <m at mbg.pt> wrote:

> I've reconfigured the antenna to output only NMEA sentences (and I also use
> the PPS) and NTP works fine but suddenly without any explanation the NTP
> process stops receiving information from the receiver. I really don't
> understand what's happening here as the receiver is on the roof and sees
> plenty of satellites:

Even if there were zero satellites the GPS receiver should report zero, not
just stop and die.

Are you certain that both PPS and NMEA data both stop?  If just one of
them, then I'd suspect a bad connection, a loose cable or something.   If
both then I'd suspect the receiver or its power supply or the rs422 to
rs232 converter or its power supply.  Power is the easiest thing to check.
--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California