[time-nuts] aging/failure of un-powered xtal oscillators?

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Fri May 17 13:06:14 UTC 2013

Grant on the purest of speculation. Most likely not. Yes the xtal ages but
as you say the frequency is not critical. Though that actually may not be a
true statement. How far is to far for the dram timing? The other thing that
most likely is not an issue is a variable cap. Most likely it never had
one. At this age I have seen resistors change value.
I am confused are the boards really 25 years or are they 1980 at 30 plus
years.
My actual concern would be the dram technology at that age simply various
breakdowns that might be occurring creating unreliable memory.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL