[time-nuts] Z3801A, Z3805A Pforth interpreter.

Don Latham djl at montana.com
Sat May 18 20:46:43 UTC 2013

This is Really Neat. More info, please, how do you get access to the
pforth?
Forth is my favorite language, but don't get to use it much.
I have two 3801A units.
I assume you know you can exercise any of the words at any time? May
have to be stack aware, and ask for output on some of them...what fun!
You can also make new words out of combos of the existing ones. Need to
know how the words are stored, and how thw mwmory is arranged.
Heck. Try entering 2 2 + .
see if you get 4 as output.
Don

Mark C. Stephens
> Wow, good call:
>
> p4th D > words
> fp_u               es_ascii           sync_imm           efc_rep
> pll_rep            loop_time          pr_hold_cause      gps_query
> gps_change         pstat              disable_gps_cmds   pr_time_raim
> pr_1pps            pr_gps_id          pr_gps_istate      pr_avg
> pr_gps_cmds        clr_gps_debug      pr_gps_debug       master_reset
> quiet_status       gps_query_all      init_gps           clr_avg
> avg                q_gps_cable_dly    q_gps_php          q_eman
> eman               leapsec            crash              print_clk_list
> log_send           pr_pll             phase_off          lock
> pll_debug          pll_restart        pr_efc             efc_wr
> force_1pps         gps_cable_dly      gps_ph             gps_php
> gps_date           gps_time           print_bc           print_ext_msg
> xdop_stat_rate     ext_msg_rate       print_vis          vis_stat_rate
> stat_rate          print_stat         abr_stat           set_time
> get_time           clk_synch          debug_psos         clear_nv
> wr_eeprom          dmes_all           dmes_curv          dmes_spoo
> dmes_scpi          dmes_root          dmes_pllp          dmes_klok
> dmes_hmon          dmes_gpsm          dmessage           doven
> hdac_all           hdac_write         efc_write          pr_adc_avg
> adc_ant_curr       adc_doven          adc_oven           adc_m15v
> adc_p15v           adc_5v             adc_temp           adc_read
> cal                s_rep              mem_rep            ps
> user               !iodev             dev_ctrl           dev_write
> dev_read           dev_close          dev_open           dev_init
> ident              mode               pause              get_v
> wait_v             signal_v           request_x          send_x
> delete_x           create_x           jam_x              priority
> resume             suspend            delete             ver
> spawn              ?^C                my_pid             root
> watch              execute            0x                 number
> unfence            fence              immediate          recurse
> does>              pad                tib                count
> word               type               expect             interpret
> startup            words              forget             ]
> [                  [']                '                  state
> base               hex                decimal            .s
> u.x                u.                 .                  (.")
> ."                 cr                 spaces             space
> emit               cos                sin                >>
> <<                 2*                 2/                 2-
> 2+                 1-                 1+                 +!
> +                  -                  *                  /
> */                 */mod              /mod               mod
> ;                  :                  literal            constant
> [...]

"Neither the voice of authority nor the weight of reason and argument
are as significant as experiment, for thence comes quiet to the mind."
De Erroribus Medicorum, R. Bacon, 13th century.
"If you don't know what it is, don't poke it."
Ghost in the Shell

Dr. Don Latham AJ7LL
Six Mile Systems LLP
17850 Six Mile Road