[time-nuts] 10Mhz Sine from Square Wave Synthesizer

Andy Bardagjy andy at bardagjy.com
Sun May 19 23:30:36 UTC 2013

Hi folks, I recently picked up a Symmetricom SA.22c rubidium oscillator.
According to the datasheet, it outputs a square wave with programmable
frequency (well you can pick among some set of frequencies).

I'd like to build up a small circuit locked to the square wave output which
outputs a 10MHz sine wave for use as my "house clock" for my various
instruments (spec an, counter etc). I of course could distribute the square
wave, but am concerned about harmonics, among other things.

The FE-5680A uses a AD9830A DDS to synthesize its output. Is a DDS the
right way to go - in terms of performance, phase noise and so on?

I suppose I could do this with a tank or some other analog circuit, but..

Andy Bardagjy
bardagjy.com