[time-nuts] 9390 GPS RX

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Wed May 22 09:06:54 UTC 2013

marks at non-stop.com.au writes:

Just a  Follow up,

I checked the 10 Mhz output of the 9390 and it was... ~12  MHz.
Uhuh, Wiggling some cables I came across one that when pressure was  put on
it, the frequency dropped back to 10Mhz.

So My question is,  (mostly to myself) Is the Efratom FRK Faulty and the
root of the Drift?
And  how do I fix it, I ask myself?

I have downloaded the FRK manual for  perusal, I believe there is an
external adjustment to bring it into lock  area.
Before you even consider how to "fix or adjust" the FRK, in fact probably
before doing much else at all, you need to be really sure whether or  not
that does have a problem.

If you remove it from the 9390, or at least isolate the  connections, and
just test that on its own against your house  standard, that should give you
somewhere to start from.

Regards

Nigel

GM8PZR