[time-nuts] Net4501's cheap...

Paul tic-toc at bodosom.net
Thu May 23 14:51:23 UTC 2013

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 1:06 AM,
> There is now one left for $129, gee free shipping. Do yourself a favor
> and get a $35 RaspberryPi and a $12 5-port net switch.
> Don

A variation is still available for sale from Soekris and they're more
than $129.  However I don't think they're worth buying from Ebay at
that price even if it included a nice CF card.

A better comparison would be a Pi for $45, 5V power for $20, a case
for $20 and a powered USB hub for $25.  ~$100 (including shipping)
assuming it comes with an SD card.

The Raspberry Pi wouldn't need a USB hub if they didn't reboot when
you plugged into the USB ports.

Speaking as someone who has two RPi's :-( and three Beaglebone Blacks :-)

Of course I  have a bias toward Ubuntu so the Beaglebones are a better
fit for me for other reasons.