[time-nuts] Checking Time difference between PCs

Rex Moncur rmoncur at bigpond.net.au
Thu May 23 21:26:21 UTC 2013

I wonder if anyone has suggestions as to how to check the timing variations
between two PCs that are running windows.

The background to this request is that I am running two instances of the
Weak Signal Program WSJT on the same computer and get variations of +/-0.2
seconds.  It has been suggested that the variations might be caused by the
windows operating system.  As a check on this I am proposing to run two PCs
locked by GPS-18 USB and set by NMEATime which should show the difference on
WSJT.  But is there some program that will show the difference due to the PC
clocks alone? Or perhaps a program that outputs the PC time as a pulse on a
sound card so I can compare these on a CRO.

Regards Rex VK7MO