[time-nuts] Checking Time difference between PCs

Scott McGrath scmcgrath at gmail.com
Fri May 24 13:03:19 UTC 2013

PC clocks are cheap and not intended to be accurate,  it's why time synchronization is one of the things managed when a windows machine joins an AD domain.  As AD uses multi-master replication accurate time stamps are required for normal operation

Best recommendation is to run NTP not SNTP as NTP compensates for the clock skew and applies corrections for the clock characteristics

Sent from my iPhone