[time-nuts] 9390 GPS RX

Mark C. Stephens marks at non-stop.com.au
Sat May 25 12:44:46 UTC 2013

Hello Mr. Dent,

The problem is, Vintage kit like this is virtually impossible to get down here in Australia.
That's why I was tickled pink when I got my hands on it.

Does the 9390-5588A have the 16.618 Mhz Vectron oscillator externaly located on one of the wire wrap boards?

As days go by I have a PSU fault, A GPS receiver fault, The dates wrong and the FRK is possibly knackered and I need my workbench back.
I just wonder it it's time to put everything back together and shelve this 9390 as a retirement project.
With a bit of luck GPS will be replaced with something else by then ;)

I have a Austron 2201a in absolute pristine condition with service manuals for its serial number no less!
However, 2 Problems, I have no Antenna Down convertor and its stuck in a reboot loop:
Testing RAM
Testing ROM
Testing something else
Testing failsafe ... Can't read it all as she reboots almost the instant it written to the display.
I could spend time on the Austron, It has a Rubidium in it too.
But not for love nor money can I get an antenna for it.
I have a saved worldwide search on ebay.com for one but I have a feeling that when one does come up it will go for megabucks.
I have put word out to all the packrats I know down under and so far no luck there either.

Boo hoo!

mark