[time-nuts] Good (cheap) PIC chip choice for project?

Paul tic-toc at bodosom.net
Sun May 26 01:21:38 UTC 2013

On Sat May 25 20:18:20 EDT 2013

>> A $9 USB to 3.3V serial adapter connects to
>> the serial console unless you prefer ssh or VNC.

>Once you have it up and running, sure...
>Or maybe, someone has a SD image that you can just dump onto an SD

The Pi, unlike the the Beaglebone Black (BBB) doesn't come with an OS.
The two images I've used both support a serial console (via the USB port or
the UART)
where you can run the standard Pi set-up program to enable ssh.

The BBB cleverly presents itself as a disk volume and then lets you
ssh in via a virtual network running over the USB port on your
computer that's also providing power.