[time-nuts] Good (cheap) PIC chip choice for project?

Orin Eman orin.eman at gmail.com
Sun May 26 17:34:09 UTC 2013

On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 4:50 AM, Bob Camp <lists at rtty.us> wrote:

> Hi
>
> One of the original starting points was a free tool chain. Paying major
> money for a compiler is moving a bit far from that. You would have to do a
> *lot* of home projects to justify that cost.

Indeed.  I wouldn't pay commercial prices for a PIC C compiler for home
projects.  The 'Lite' version of SourceBoost that I actually bought is a
whopping $5 and in spite of its RAM/ROM limitations, it's been good enough
for me.  If I ever sell a product that uses it, I'd need the commercial
version at $150 - fair enough IMO.

Orin.