[time-nuts] Thunderbolt MV-89a OCXO Transplant?

Frederick Bray fwbray at mminternet.com
Tue May 28 23:09:27 UTC 2013

On 5/28/2013 9:52 AM, Bob Camp wrote:

> The MV89A is a 5 MHz resonator doubled to 10 MHz, it will have sub harmonics
> that the original OCXO (using a 10 MHz resonator) does not have.

This certainly explains what I saw when I looked at a MV89A on a
spectrum analyzer and saw a signal /below/ the 10 MHz spike. I kind of
figured that it must be multiplying to get to 10 MHz.

Thanks for the info.  When I get a chance, I will have to pull the
Thunderbolt out of its case and take a look at the pads on the board.

Fred