[time-nuts] NTP Clock suggestions?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed May 29 09:08:27 UTC 2013

albertson.chris at gmail.com said:
> http://www.atsclock.com/items/poe-analog-clocks-plastic-case.cfm?catID=102

Interesting find.  Thanks.

I wonder what they are using for software.  A friend had a scope catch a virus.  It would be really crazy if your clock got infected.  I expect their software is simpler than that.

They also make plug-into-the-wall clocks.  I think they use 60 Hz for timing.
  http://www.atsclock.com/items/electric-slim-line-clocks.cfm?catID=104

Documentation here:
  http://www.atsclock.com/support/electric-wall-clocks.cfm
The AllSet types have a computer to handle DST changes.  You have to set it if it looses power, but they have a battery to keep the DST clock going.  I'm guessing that clock drifts too much for timkeeping but is good enough for DST.
Says +/- 1 second per day, typical.

I'm not sure about the others.  One data sheet said 32KHz.  Others didn't mention it.  They may be just wall powered watch crystals, but maybe some of them are the simple motor I was looking for.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.