[time-nuts] Traceability after loss of LORAN and WWVB

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Fri May 31 22:12:39 UTC 2013

Hi

This is a bit of a memory test, so I may indeed fail…

Back in the day, I seem to recall the timing charts for LORAN being USNO publications rather than NIST tables. Thus LORAN was traceable to USNO rather than NIST. These days we have NIST tables indexed by GPS SV for the entire constellation that are very similar to the old LORAN tables.

It's been ~30 years since I played with the tables, but I believe that was the case….

Bob