[time-nuts] The 5MHz Sweet Spot

Tom Knox actast at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 3 16:22:01 UTC 2013

I am not the right person to explain, So anyone with more knowledge please feel free to jump in. I think basically the reasoning is as a single clock the system at some point it would need mantainance or repair. So time is maintained with an algorithm that monitors all the clocks and oscillators that make up the system in which each part contributes and if any part deviates or fails it can be removed. This system is then characterized periodically by F1 as required to keep the system at F! accuracy.

Thomas Knox